Thursday, October 29, 2009

The way that you answer...

(Sometimes He answers with a playlist on shuffle...)



Today, it is all closer to home.


"Empty again, sunken down so far.
So scared to fall, might not get up again.
So I lay at Your feet all my brokenness...
I carry all of my burdens to You...


All of these things are held up in vain,
No reason, no rhyme, just the scars that remain.
All of these things are so much afraid,
Scared out of my mind by the demons I've made...


Sweet Jesus, You never ever let me go...
Oh sweet Jesus, never ever let me go...


So happy to love, yet so far to go.
You lead me on to where I've never been before..."




Tonight, I wonder Lord, where are You leading me? What are You showing me? What do You have to teach me tonight, sweet Jesus? Please, please, please God, maybe can I have just-a-little-bit-of-the-answer tonight?


I'm not asking the world, am I? Not the whole world, but it is my whole world You are shaking to the very core, and I am begging now, please a bit of hope...


Please...a bit of where-You-are-leading-me
Please...a bit of what-You-are-showing-me
Please...a bit of what-You-have-to-teach-me
Please...please...please...


Please, I beg, Lord, because I don't understand. I trust You with my entirety, but I don't understand. I trust You with my life, with my heart, with my children, with each-and-every-thing-that-I-love-because You-love-me-more...
Please, I beg, Lord, because tonight I am hurting.
Please, I beg, Lord, because tonight I am hurting, and I don't understand...




"To everyone whose hurting,
To those who've had enough,
To all the undeserving,
That should cover all of us...


Please do not let go...
I promise there is hope...


Hold fast, help is on the way,
Hold fast, 'cause God will save the day.
What I've learned in my life,
The one thing greater than my strife is His grasp,
So hold fast..."


I am holding tightly to Your promises. In my blessed moment of need, I will cling to your promises.


I am clinging to I-am-with-you-and-will-watch-over-you-wherever-you-go, and-I-will-bring-you-back-to-this-land. I-will-not-leave-you-until-I-have-done-what-I-have-promised-you.


I am clinging to we-know-that-God-causes-all-things-to-work-together-for-good-to-those-who-love-God, to-those-who-are-called-according-to-His-purpose.


I am clinging to for-I-know-the-plans-I-have-for-you, declares-the-LORD, plans-to-prosper-you-and-not-to-harm-you, plans-to-give-you-hope-and-a-future.


I am clinging to come-near-to-God-and-He-will-come-near-to-you.


I am clinging to I-will-instruct-you-and-teach-you-in-the-way-you-should-go; I-will-counsel-you-and-watch-over-you.


Are you watching? Do you see what is here, Lord? Do you see what is happening to the people that I love? (...that you love...more than I could ever know...more than I could ever even imagine?)


"Have you any idea how beautiful you are?
That in a million years, I could not love you more?
Like the sun can only shine so bright in the auburn sky,
You will never be abandoned,
I will never leave you stranded,
I will die to find a way to reach you...

There is no ocean deep enough,
No mountain high or steep enough,
To keep Me away from you...
There is no highway long enough,
No river wide or strong enough,
To keep Me away from you..."

Hmmm. Really?
Even though?
Even though I come to you as such a broken mess?
Even though I bring to you a heap of pain, and failure, and things-I-wish-I-would-have-done-better?
Even though?

Maybe you don't know what I am asking...
Let's break that down...

What-I-am-asking...

I:
Human.
Failed.
Selfish.
Cruel.
Judgemental.
Angry.
Bitter.
Broken.
Shameful.

Asking:
Miracle.


"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
Holy, Holy is He...
Sing a new song to Him who sits on heaven's mercy seat.

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty,
Who was, and is, and is to come...
With all creation I sing,
Praise to the King of Kings,
You are my everything,
And I will adore you..."

Holy. Worthy. Almighty.

You, God, are all.


You are all.
The Beginning.
The End.
The All.

You are all, and you are able, and capable, and willing...
You are All.

You are All.
You are Healing.
You are Power.
You are Majesty.
You are Amazing.
You are Beauty.
You are Strength.
You are Grace.
You are Mercy....

You are Mercy.

Mercy: When you deserve justice, but instead receive grace.


How is this? What is this? Mercy? Our words, our actions, our thoughts, our movement, our every-single-breath deserves justice, swift and fierce, but in the same breath, You and Your Love and Grace deliver us mercy. Mercy.

Mercy.

How amazing?
How breathtaking?
How unreal?
How undeserved?
How great?

"The splendor of our King, clothed in majesty,
Let all the earth rejoice....
He wraps himself in light,
And darkness tries to hide,
It trembles at His voice...

How Great is our God?
Sing with me...
How Great is our God?

Age to age He stands,
Time is in His hands...
Beginning and the End...
The Godhead, three in one,
Father, Spirit, and Son,
The Lion and the Lamb...

How Great is our God?

Name above all names,
Worthy of all praise,
My heart will sing How Great is our God!!!!"


"Much Afraid" Jars of Clay
"Hold Fast" MercyMe
"No Ocean Deep Enough" Paul Alan
"Revelation Song" Karie Jobe
"How Great is Our God?" Chris Tomlin

Genesis 28:15
Romans 8:28
Jeremiah 29:11
James 4:8
Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment