Monday, July 19, 2010

Tonight, I kinda wanted to hang out at home, but I was with my mom, who had a meeting with her grief support grief at church, so I decided I would simply go to the building, hang out, bring a book and my crochet stuff, and chill.
It is totally cool when God decides to make other plans for you.



Early in the evening, I noticed this piece of art hanging on the wall. I've never noticed it before, but heck, I haven't ever looked. If you'll note, it was written during Holy Week 2005, only weeks after Laurie's suicide. It was then that I had this sneaking suspicion that God was asking me firmly for some conversation.




So I wandered the building, eerily quiet. Such a different place without faces.



Eventually, I found myself sitting in the corner of the sanctuary...and heard him. "Welcome to My Sanctuary." More than a literal place, so much more. He invited me to breathe in his sanctuary....


It was a good night. More than I ever dreamed. Closer than I could have ever imagined. Peace that passes all understanding. I saw, felt, breathed, believed, loved His power.

Broken I may be, but He meets me where I am at...in His Sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment